Try My Yummy Yam Salad Recipe:
My yam recipe uses succulent steamed yam, fresh garden veggies and my quick homemade Sun Dried Tomato Dressing. This is a meal unto itself, and you’ll be amazed how delicious healthy potato recipes can be!
All of my easy healthy meals are made from REAL FOODS.
You won’t believe how simple it really is to prepare super healthy, flavorful recipes!
Yam recipe: How to make Yam Salad with Sun Dried Tomato Dressing:
You will need:
- 1 medium to large yam
- 5 stalks of scallion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 zucchini, sliced into thick round circles
- 6 or 7 button or crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium ripe tomato, diced
- 4 or 5 leaves of lettuce, chopped (red leaf or green leaf)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of my homemade sun dried tomato dressing
Creates 1 large serving or 2 smaller servings
- 2 medium sized pots with lids for steaming
- 2 steamer baskets
- 1 blender (for the sun dried tomato dressing)
- Chopping knife
- Cutting board
- 1 large bowl
- Chop the yam into bite size pieces. Do not peel (the skin of potatoes are extremely nutritious and with this recipe, leaving the skin on will not effect the flavor).
- Using a steamer basket, steam the yams until they are soft (approximately 10 minutes – they are ready when you can easily run a fork through them).*Cooking yams becomes incredibly easy and quick when you steam them. Steaming allows you to retain a maximum amount of nutrients. Also, the velvety texture is delicious! By far this is the healthiest method of cooking yams.
- When you begin steaming the yams, you will silmutaneously begin steaming the sliced mushrooms
- When the mushrooms have steamed for 5 minutes, add the sliced zucchini on top of the mushrooms (these veggies should be in a separate steamer from the yams)
- Place the chopped lettuce into a big bowl:
- Add diced tomato:
- After the yams are done, add them to the bowl with the chopped scallion. Doesn’t that burnished orange color look amazing?
- Remove the steaming mushrooms and zucchini and add them to the bowl, along with the diced avocado:
- Last you’re going to add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of my sun dried tomato dressing:
- Mix it up good!
This is a completely healthy, clean, nourishing yam recipe that will knock your socks off with its vibrant flavors.
My yam recipe can be served as a side dish or as a meal unto itself (I prefer it eat it by itself).
TIP: Healthy potato recipes like this one are excellent for chilly autumn and winter nights. This is a wonderful comfort food dish that is completely good for you and guilt free!
Easy healthy meals like this one are a snap when you know how to work with fresh, unrefined ingredients…
Let me make it easy for you!
Simple Yam Recipes for Muffin
This moist muffin is made up from yam. The ingredients are everywhere and the directions are easy to follow.
- First, the ingredients you should prepare are 250 grams yams or sweet potatoes (steamed and mashed), 50 grams margarine, 50 grams sugar, 1 egg (whisk loose), 50 ml milk, 120 grams wheat flour, 1.5 tsp baking powder, ground cinnamon, some chocolate chips.
- Second, mix mashed potatoes with milk and ground cinnamon, set aside. Third, mix margarine and sugar then stir them with a fork. Add beaten eggs and stir it. Fourth, add the potato’s batter into it, stir well and add the flour.
- Last, fill muffin into cups and sprinkle some chocolate chips. Now, bake it with a temperature of 190 Celsius for 25 minutes.
You can also read : lemon pepper chicken wings
You’re currently visiting Aspenspecialtyfoods.com read my story of how I found pristine health following a healthy eating lifestyle!