Vegetarian Soup Recipes: Simple Veggie Soup:
Vegetarian soup recipes are some of my personal favorites! All of my easy soup recipes are made using fresh, simple, unprocessed ingredients. Try this homemade vegetable soup recipe
Sometimes the tastiest soups come together from a few fresh ingredients knocking around your pantry.
When you learn to make your own easy soup recipes, you’ll never again think canned soups taste good.
Homemade soups will kick Campbell’s butt any day!
Vegetarian soup recipes: Simple Veggie Soup :
You will need:
- 1 quart low-sodium vegetable stock (make sure ingredients list doesn’t include the mysterious terms “spices” or “natural flavors” – this is food industry code for chemical additives and MSG)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 large red potato, cubed
- 1 tbsp fresh sage
- 1/4 cup shitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a medium soup pot, sautee onions, celery & carrots in extra virgin olive oil on medium heat until soft.
- Add minced garlic and stir.
- Add potatoes and stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, then simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Add shitake mushrooms and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 tsp fresh sage to each bowl of soup just before serving.
It’s ready to eat! Enjoy.
Or this Silky Mango Soup:
Vegetarian soup recipes pair beautifully with one of my healthy lunch recipes, like this Avocado-Tomato Sandwich:
Or a delicious Winter Citrus Salad:
You can see all my healthy lunch recipes here and all my delicious salad recipes here.
Vegetarian soup recipes are even more satisfying when followed by an easy fruit smoothie!
Try this Cherry Chunk Smoothie:
Or a Pineapple Strawberry Smoothie:
Healthy eating has never tasted so good!
Healthy recipes for weight loss are my thing, so be sure to check out the rest of my site! Click on the pictures below to link to more easy healthy meals, including fruit smoothies, dinner recipes, easy soup recipes, lunch ideas, salads and healthy desserts: all 100% guilt-free!
Healthy and simple dessert recipes:
Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipes:
What do you think?
I welcome your thoughts and insights. Please leave a comment at the bottom of this page. If you like what what you’re reading, recommend it to others on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
You’re currently visiting Aspenspecialtyfoods.com read my story of how I found pristine health following a healthy eating lifestyle!