Vegetable curry recipe: You’ll love Tomato Curry!
A quick and delicious vegetable curry recipe is my Tomato Curry. This dish is so easy and so tasty, I will have it for dinner a couple of nights each week, either with steamed potatoes or some simple pan-seared whitefish for a fish curry recipe:
Traditionally, a vegetable curry recipe involve heavily cooked and sauced ingredients. It’s a heavy dish. I like Alison’s vegetable curry recipe because it uses fresh produce and doesn’t make you feel tired and sluggish after you eat it, the way many cooked dishes do.
I like foods that GIVE me energy, not drain it away. Curry powder recipes can absolutely use fresh foods and still taste amazing!
Vegetable Curry Recipe:
You will need:
- 1 large or 2 medium fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped and with stem and core removed
- 4 medjool dates, pits removed
- 6 crimini or white button mushrooms, thickly chopped
- 2 tbsp raw cashews (optional)
- 1 ear of raw corn (use a serrated knife to shave the corn off the cob)*
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Either 1 large red potato (per person), cubed, OR 1/2 lb delicate whitefish per person (sole, trout or flounder)
- 8-10 sun dried tomatoes* (pre-soaked for at least 1 hour)
*I buy my sun dried tomatoes from a wonderful online company called www.olivenation.com. A huge bag of them costs about $10. I keep the bag in my refrigerator and it lasts me for months. I buy their Sulfite-Free brand of sun dried tomatoes.
*Did you know corn is quite tasty eaten fresh? It doesn’t have to be cooked! I love its sweet flavor!
- Place the fresh tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, celery, medjool dates, red bell pepper, curry powder and cashews (optional) into a good strong blender.
- Blend these ingredients on a low setting until it achieves a nice thick consistency. It should be almost smooth, with a little bit of chunkiness.
- In a large bowl, add the chopped mushrooms and corn. Pour the curry on top and decorate with cilantro:
You can either serve this vegetable curry recipe over plain steamed potatoes (steam for roughly 10 – 12 minutes, until soft):
OR topped with 1/2 lb of pan-seared whitefish (trout, flounder or sole). Sear in extra virgin olive oil for approximately 2 to 3 minutes:
If you are serving more than 1 person: add an additional tomato to the recipe and use slightly more curry powder and double the amounts of mushrooms and corn. Also, use 1/2 lb of whitefish per person or 1 potato per person.My healthy kitchen is all about fresh, whole, unprocessed foods, with a heavy emphasis on sweet juicy fruits and crisp vegetables.
Healthy eating has never tasted so good!
Try Steamed Salmon with Fresh Greens:
Whole Grain Pasta with Chunky Homemade Marinara:
A flavorful vegetable curry recipe is even more satisfying when followed by a 100% healthy and guilt-free dessert!
See Also Healthy Dinner Recipes for 2
You really CAN have your cake and eat it, too!
Or Spring Cookies
If you like my vegetable curry, you’ll LOVE these other easy healthy recipes! Click on any picture below to link to my collection of soups, lunch ideas, salads and smoothies:
Healthy and simple dessert recipes:
Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipes:
What do you think?
I welcome your thoughts and insights. Please leave a comment at the bottom of this page. If you like what what you’re reading, recommend it to others on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
You’re currently visiting Aspenspecialtyfoods.com read my story of how I found pristine health following a healthy eating lifestyle!