Strawberries are very delicate, so buy your strawberries the day you want to make your strawberry smoothie.Strawberries are ideal for a back to basics smoothie when you are talking fruit smoothie recipes. Combine the freshness of :
- fresh fruit
and if you add ice and honey, you are very close to a strawberry ice cream, yet without the extra calories of cream. This makes fruit smoothies also ideal diet smoothies.
Healthy smoothie recipe!
This fresh fruit smoothie makes about 2 cups (500 ml). If you want to make bigger quantities in 1 go, it is recommended to buy a separate smoothie blender or smoothie machine . Otherwise a mortar and pestle to crush the ice and a normal mixer will come a long way!
If you want this to be an extreme healthy smoothie recipe, then use only fresh ingredients homemade or organic grown.
- about 6 ounce (180 gr) fresh strawberry
- about 6 ounce (180 gr) yogurt
- 3 1/2 ounce (100 gr) ice cubes
- 1 3/4 (50 gr) brown sugar: start with less and taste before you add more sugar: all depends on your taste and the sweetness of the strawberry (for a more strawberry icecream taste: use honey in stead of sugar)
Strawberry Smoothie Recipe: preparation
- Place all ingredients in the cup of an electric blender, milkshake maker or food processor and blend until smooth. If you only have a mixer, then use a mortar to crush the ice before mixing it.
- Taste your healthy smoothie. If you yogurt smoothie is not sweet enough: add more sugar. If your smoothie is too sweet, add more yogurt.
- Pour into a chilled glass and serve smoothie immediately or set to rest 1 hour in the freezer.