This is the perfect hearty meal on a cool evening. It is easier and more budget-friendly than most other bolognese recipes but tastes just as rich and delicious. Your kids will be asking for seconds of this pasta dish. Spaghetti bolognese is one of those dishes that just goes with a family dinner setting. One big bowl on the table, everyone serving each other – in this case, food really is defining the traditional family values parents try to instill in their children. We hope that this recipe will become a favorite in your own household.
- 2 lb. lean Ground Beef
- 1 (6 oz) can Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Carrot, diced
- 1 packet Beef & Onion dry soup mix
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp dried Basil
- 1 tsp fresh ground or dried Thyme
- 1 (16 oz) package dried Spaghetti
- In a large pot over high heat, cook beef until browned, about 5 minutes. Add in the tomato sauce, water, carrot, soup mix, garlic and the other spice. Bring the sauce to a boil on high and then bring the sauce down to a simmer and cook for an additional hour, stirring occasionally.
- Once the sauce is done, cover and set aside. Fill another large pot with salted water and bringing it to a boil, add the spaghetti and return to a boil. Cook the pasta, stirring occasionally, to taste (al dente or a little past), about 12 to 15 minutes. Drain.
- Transport spaghetti to a platter and pour bolognese over the pasta; serve and enjoy.
Serve pasta with fresh garlic bread and the side salad for a complete meal.
Replace spaghetti noodles with any other pasta of preference – penne or rigatoni are other great options.
Grate some of your preferred cheese on top of the sauce – mozzarella or parmesan are classic.