The Best Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe
Some people like to entertain themselves by going to a cinema or shopping. There are also some people who like to entertain themselves with comfort foods such as chocolate, hot dogs, and ice cream. If you are one of those people, you have to try cooking the best slow cooker pork recipe. This article will tell you how, and now just take a look.
Yield: (8 servings)
To start, we have to prepare all the ingredients at the first place. The ingredients that you will need to make the best slow cooker pulled pork recipe are :
- one kilogram of bone-in pork shoulder
- and two teaspoon of vegetable oil or palm oil
Meanwhile for the sauce recipe, you will need :
- one large shallot
- one piece of ginger (thumb sized)
- two cloves of garlic
- one teaspoon of Chines five spice powder
- two tablespoons of soy sauce
- two tablespoons of brown sugar
- a half cup of pomegranate juice
- and ¼ cup of plum jam
After all the ingredients are ready, let’s we move to the cooking part.Let’s we just start making this slow cooker pulled pork recipe
How To Make It :
- Preparing the pork and seasoning it with pepper and salt.
- Heat the oil on the skillet until medium-high heat then cook the shoulder pork until its golden brown.
- Remove the golden brown pork into the slow cooker.
- Set up the heat of the skillet into high. Then pour a half cup of pomegranate juice. You can start scraping the leftover pork that sticks in the skillet.
- Chop off the garlic, shallot and don’t forget to make sure that ginger is grated.
- When the liquid has reduced, now turn the skillet into low heat and add some Chinese spices, garlic, shallot, ginger and some vegetables, cook for a while then pour soy sauce, plum jam. Add sugar, mix and stir well until the ingredients well combined.
- Pour the pomegranate juice that still remains, stir well.
- Pour the finished marinade sauce over the shoulder pork. Make sure that every part of the pork is having marinade sauce distributed well. Now set the slow cooker into low temperature. Cook for 10 hours.
- Remove the pork and drain the marinade.
- Use two forks to pull the pork and move it onto serving plate. Now your slow cooker pulled pork recipe is ready to enjoy.
You Can Also Read :