Shrimp salad recipes: Rock Shrimp Salad with Pan-Seared Bluefish:
Shrimp salad recipes can be prepared any number of ways. If you’re looking for a super healthy recipe for shrimp salad that still packs a lot of flavor, you’ll love my Rock Shrimp Salad with Pan-Seared Bluefish!
Shrimp salad recipes don’t have to involve a lot of oily dressings and complex sauces to taste great!
A fresh, delicious salad built around enhancing the natural flavors of seafood is what my healthy recipe is all about.
I grew up eating a LOT of seafood. Shrimp recipes were revered in my childhood home because they’re my mother’s favorite food!
Back then, eating shrimp recipes in a healthy way wasn’t a priority…
…So my family loved to slather them with processed store-bought cocktail sauce or fatty blue cheese dressing.
Today, I eat seafood very differently. It has a growing reputation as a health food, and deservedly so. I try to preserve as many of those wonderful nutrients as I can in my easy shrimp recipes.
You can see all my easy dinner recipes here.
Shrimp salad recipes: How to make Rock Shrimp Salad with Pan-Seared Bluefish:
You will need:
- 1/2 lb rock shrimp
- 5 oz bluefish (substitute with salmon, halibut or any type of sea bass)
- 1 small head of lettuce, chopped (romaine, red leaf or green leaf)
- 1 large or 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
*This salad serves 1 person. To cook for 2, use 1 lb of rock shrimp, 1 lb of bluefish, 2 large tomatoes and 1 large head of chopped lettuce.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
- Sear bluefish on high heat in 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil or canola oil for 3 minutes, then turn over
- Sear other side of fish for no more than 1 minute, then place entire pan into oven. Leave in oven for 5 or 6 minutes, until fish is cooked all the way through.
- While fish is in oven, steam shrimp for 3 minutes (I use a simple metal steamer basket).
- In a medium sized bowl, add chopped lettuce and diced tomatoes. Here I use a gorgeous yellow heirloom tomato:
- When bluefish is cooked, remove from oven and place the fish on a paper towel to soak up some of the oil. Cover both sides of fish with paper towel.
- Place both the bluefish and the steamed rock shrimp on top of of the tomatoes and lettuce. Squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon over it.
It’s ready to eat immediately. Enjoy!
You can be eating a fabulous shrimp salad in 10 minutes! This is a perfect recipe for after a long day of work when you want minimum preparation time but still want to eat healthy.
I specialize in creating healthy recipes using REAL FOODS: fresh, nutrient-rich, wholesome, delicious!
Try Steamed Salmon with Fresh Greens:
Or my Cilantro Pesto Chicken:
Flavorful shrimp salad recipes are even more satisfying when they’re followed by one of my 100% healthy, sugar-free desserts! You really CAN have your cake and eat it, too!
Try this Healthy Chocolate Mousse:
Or Fat Free Mango Ice Cream:
If you like shrimp salad recipes, you ‘ll love these other healthy recipes! Click on the pictures below to access the rest of my easy dinner recipes, as well as my healthy soups, salads and homemade sugar-free desserts. YUM!
Healthy and simple dessert recipes:
Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipes:
What do you think?
I welcome your thoughts and insights. Please leave a comment at the bottom of this page. If you like what what you’re reading, recommend it to others on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
You’re currently visiting Aspenspecialtyfoods.com read my story of how I found pristine health following a healthy eating lifestyle!