Coconut and corn flakes cereal make this Ranger Cookie Recipe different than most cookie recipes.
The sweet coconut along with a cereal crunch adds a unique texture.
The traditional recipe doesn’t call for chocolate chips, but we decided to add them one day to see how the flavors would work together. Did we like the results? Well, of course! Everything tastes better with chocolate 🙂
Ranger Cookie Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup Corn Flakes
- ½ cup shredded or flaked sweetened coconut
- If you are going to bake two sheets of Ranger Cookies at a time, then arrange the racks in your oven to divide it into thirds. For baking with one sheet at a time, put one of the oven racks in the center of the oven.
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine Flour, Baking Soda, and Salt; whisk together to mix. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine Butter, Granulated Sugar, and Brown Sugar; cream together until mixture appears light and fluffy. Stop to scrape down sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as you go along.
- Add Egg and Vanilla; beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Add sifted flour mixture from step 3; stir until mixed.
- Stir in Oats, Chocolate Chips, Corn Flakes and Coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon 1 inch apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. If you are baking two sheets at a time, switch baking pans from top to bottom racks halfway through the cooking time. If you are baking with one sheet at a time then rotate the pan halfway through the cooking time. This will ensure that the cookies cook more evenly.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheets a minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Return to: Oatmeal Cookies
Return to: Drop Cookies
Return to: Cookie Recipes
See Also: banana cookie recipes