Start your day with healthy breakfast foods that actually GIVE you energy and don’t make you tired and sluggish…
However, after testing and trying this coconut smoothie, I now fully appreciate the tastiness that they contain.
Feel free to use any type of coconut that you like for this smoothie – it really doesn’t matter which one you pick.
When you drink the water from a coconut, your not only getting a delicious liquid to that tickles your tastebuds, your also getting a whole host of nutritious benefits. Here are just some of them:
- Prevents obesity – it speeds up your metabolism, providing you with an immediate source of energy with very few calories.
- Improves heart health – This gets pretty technical but basically it provides both short and medium chain fatty acids that are necessary for a healthy heart.
- Hight in fiber – Coconuts have loads of fiber in them (on average, they supply 61% of dietary fiber with is… incredible!)
- Improves digestion – It helps absorption of other nutrients.
- Energising – Coconuts can give you a real kick as they are a very powerful (and nutritious) source of energy.
Coconut Smoothie is a little trip to heaven.It’s got a creamy, rich flavor that is seriously divine! And, without any added sugar or junk, only whole, fresh, ingredients, it’s supremely good for you!
Like all the healthy breakfast foods you’ll find on this site, my Coconut Smoothie is made from REAL FOODS: completely unprocessed, simple ingredients that are full of flavor!
For all you coconut lovers there, hold onto your seats, cause my Coconut Smoothie recipe is gonna knock your socks off!
How to make coconut smoothie :
You will need:
- Coconut water from 1 young coconut
- Meat from 1 young coconut
- 5 or 6 medjool dates (chopped, seeds removed)
- Handful of raw almonds (I recommend pre-soaking them overnight to make them easier to digest)
- 2 or 3 ice cubes
What is a young coconut?
This is what you want. This is a YOUNG coconut, also sometimes called a Thai coconut (and is usually what you will find in grocery stores):
This is a young coconut before its green skin has been shaved off to give it the white appearance of the photo above:
The OLD coconuts are definitely NOT what you want, because they are impossible to open, they have no water and their meat is extremely tough. This is an OLD coconut:
Click here for excellent quick instructions on how to open a coconut.
Place all ingredients in your blender and blend until very smooth. There should be no chunks!
Does this look utterly delish or what?
Now, wait til you actually taste it!
TIP: You can subsitute the raw almonds with 1 tbsp of raw almond butter.
Creamy Coconut Smoothie with Mango and Banana
You must ever drink coconut fruit. This tropical fruit that is mostly found near the beach has unique and delightful taste. Moreover, coconut can be not only enjoyed freshly, but also in tasty smoothie. Besides, it is nice to combine coconut with some fruits like mango.
Then, this is simple recipe of how to make creamy coconut smoothie with mango.
- There are some ingredients you need to prepare. They are coconut yogurt, coconut milk, mango, flaxseed, and banana. First step is to cut mango and banana into smaller pieces. Then you can continue to the next step.
- If all ingredients are ready, it is time to mix them. You can use a blender to mix all ingredients. Put them into blender and use high speed to blend them together.
- Determine how smooth it will as you want. If it has reached the right level of smoothie, you can turn the blender off and pour it into a tall glass.
- To garnish it, you might use passion fruit and spread the seed on the smoothie. This drink looks creamy, yellow and yummy. If you want to make it cool, you can add ice cubes. Then, the coconut and mango smoothie is ready to drink.
Chocolate Coconut Smoothie Recipe
This chocolate coconut smoothie is a good one. Please enjoy!
- One cup of coconut water (from whatever type of coconut you like)
- Half a cup of coconut meat (from what ever type of coconut you like)
- One third of an avocado (optional but makes the smoothie thicker)
- Half a cup of raspberries (I prefer raspberries but add in any berries you like!)
- One tablespoon of cacao powder (whichever type of powder you have)
These are optional for your chocolate coconut smoothie:
- Half a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Half a tablespoon of cacao nibs (makes it look professional)
- One cup of baby spinach or kale (adds nutritional value and helps you lose weight)
- One tablespoon of maca
- One serving of protein powder
Throw all of the ingredients into a blender of your choice and mix for around 45 seconds. If the smoothie is too thick add more coconut water (or just some plane water.) If you want to make the smoothie thicker then add some yoghurt of avocado.
- Calories: 349
- Fat: 25g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 16g
- Sugar: 12g
- Vitamin A: 2% RDA
- Vitamin C: 50% RDA
- Calcium: 9% RDA
- Iron: 17% RDA
Read Also :
You’ll love this Strawberry smoothie without yogurt
And this gooey thick Fruit Smoothie: