One of the oatmeal raisin cookie recipes that are easy and healthy to make is oatmeal cookies with spicy zucchini. This is a healthy and delicious cookie that takes about 30 minutes of preparation and cooking time.
One of the main ingredients in making this cookie is the raisins that are used in creating the sweet jelly-like taste when the cookie is eaten. Although it seems like the taste of the ingredients individual taste might conflicting each other, on the contrary it creates a perfect taste when they are all baked into one cookie.
Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipes with Zucchini
Preparing the correct ingredients can prove to be vital as the zucchini may not be available during certain times in certain places. The ingredients needed for the cookies are :
- 1 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cloves
- ½ cup of softened butter
- 2/3 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup of grated zucchini
- and of course ½ cup of raisins.
These ingredients can make the oatmeal raisin cookie for around 30 servings, which will be enough for a whole family.
- Before starting mixing the ingredients, the oven is needed to be preheated to 175° C and the baking sheet is greased first before making contact with cookie dough. When everything is prepared, you can begin with stirring the baking soda, flour, cloves, and cinnamon in one bowl.
- On the other part of another bowl, beat the brown sugar and butter until the form is creamy. After that, add the vanilla extract, the egg and the oat into the large bowl of the creamy mixture. Put together and mix the flour dough with the creamy dough to be one batter of mixture.
- After a while of stirring the mixture, put the zucchini and raisins into the dough. You can squeeze the moisture first from the zucchini so that the dough will not become too wet when the zucchini is added. Stir the dough again so that the raisins and the zucchini become incorporated as well.
When the stirring is done and the dough is ready to be baked, split and form the dough evenly on the prepared baking sheet from before, and then bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. You can tell that the cookie is ready when the color of the bottom edges of the cookies turns to golden brown.
Return to: Oatmeal Cookies
Return to: Drop Cookies
Return to: Cookie Recipes