Chicken and rice have always been the best ingredients for making an easy, delicious and nutritious meal that you can enjoy quickly. With the right recipe, you too can start cooking super yummy chicken and rice meals for your family.
There are many ways you can enjoy chicken with rice. You can either fry the chicken first and then serve it over cooked rice or you can cook them together as chicken rice porridge. Alternatively, you can stir fry both the cooked chicken and cooked rice and turn them into a plate of delicious fried rice. Below is the recipe for cooking fried rice with chicken.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1-inch ginger root, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper, ground
1. In a bowl, add the eggs, white pepper, and soy sauce. Stir them slightly and make sure that the egg is not well beaten.
2. Heat up the wok and add in the vegetable oil. When the oil is hot enough, add in the garlic and ginger and stir-fry them until they turned brown.
3. Now, add in the cooked rice and let it cook for 3 minutes. Stirring and turning occasionally so that the oil can coat the rice evenly.
4. Add the mushrooms, chicken and chopped scallions. Continue stir frying and make sure everything is well mixed.
5. Finally, pour in the egg mixture so that it cover most of the ingredients. Continue stirring and let it cook for another 2 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Healthy Paprika Chicken & Rice Recipe
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 cup long grain rice
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 220˚C.
- In a large bowl, evenly season chicken thighs with pepper,salt, paprika, and parsley.
- On high, heat olive oil in a oven-proof pot and place chicken thighs, skin-side down, in the hot oil. Cook 7-8 minutes or the thighs develop brown crispy skin and flip over. Cook an additional 7-8 minutes to brown the other side and remove from the pot.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pot, and cook until the onions are transparent.
- Pour in the rice and chicken broth to the pot and season with salt and pepper. Stir well, bringing to a boil.
- Add the chicken thighs back into the pot, skin-side up, on top of the rice, bring back to a boil and cover with a lid.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the rice is fully cooked.
- Optional: remove chicken thighs and broil for crispy skin.