Ground turkey is the very healthy alternative to ground beef. It tastes better, is low fat, has less grease, and taste better. We have some of our favorite ground turkey recipes below. I am positive you will find a ground turkey recipe that you will enjoy and will help you become healthy. Try a low-fat ground turkey recipe today.
- Crock pot recipes with ground turkey
- Meatloaf recipe with ground turkey
- Spaghetti recipe with ground turkey
- Casserole recipes with ground turkey
- Recipes with ground turkey and rice
Ground Turkey Information, health facts, and low-fat facts
Like we mentioned above Ground Turkey is a great alternative to ground beef. One, because it is healthy and way healthier than ground beef. Two, when cooking it contains less grease. That is one reason why ground turkey is healthier. Three, it tastes great. There are tons of ground turkey recipes you can use and create for ground turkey. When buying ground turkey pay attention to the type of ground turkey you are buying. Depending on how it was grounded you can get different amounts of fat. If you buy 3% fat ground turkey you will most likely be buying all white meat and this is the healthiest for you. If you see that the ground turkey you are buying contains 10% fat or is from ground turkey breast it most likely has skin and contains white and dark meat
Back to Top
Crock Pot Recipes with Ground Turkey for Dinner
Ground turkey will be cheap and easy dinner recipe you can try at home. The steps to make it are very simple. First, you need to prepare 2 potatoes in large size. Slice them into the thickness of ¼ inch. Put all potatoes on the sides and bottom part of the crock pot. Second, add 1 pound of browned ground turkey, 1 diced small onion, and 2 teaspoons of garlic salt. After that, you can add 1 can or as much as 10 ounces of mushroom soup cream into the crock pot followed by adding 12 cups of beef broth. For the sauce, add 1 ½ teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce and 2 teaspoons of lea and Perrins steak juice.
How to make it:
For the next step, you need to cook it for seven up to nine hours on low heat. You can also cook it on high heat for four up to six hours. Ground turkey recipe will be ready in total cooking time of nine hours and five minutes. When it is ready, serve it with rice for dinner. Pour ground turkey meal on the top part of rice. It is also good to be served by itself. This dinner recipe is for four servings.
Meatloaf Recipe with Ground Turkey for Delicious Dinner
Meatloaf is one of the common cuisines to enjoy for dinner. Ground turkey is a good ingredient for meatloaf and you can make this cuisine easily. The ingredients are ground turkey, chopped onion, butter, clove garlic, one egg, bread crumbs, catsup, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper. Onion and garlic are in one or two cups. You can prepare more salt and black pepper to improve the flavor. To cook this recipe, you will do two steps. The meatloaf uses a loaf pan to press ground turkey in order to make it thicker and flat.
- Firstly, heat the pan and cook garlic and onion using melted butter. Cook until both of seasonings turns into brown for about five minutes. Put aside this mixture in bowl to keep it cooling down.
- Prepare a large bowl and add turkey, egg, catsup, salt, black pepper, and Worchester sauce. Add the previous mixture into a bowl then mix everything until blend perfectly. Use loaf pan to press this mixture and make sure you press a little bit hard.
- Therefore, the first step is done. Secondly, you will bake this mixture. Prepare oven in 550 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread turkey on a baking tray and put into the oven. Bake for fifty minutes. Now, your meatloaf is ready to serve.
Simple Spaghetti Recipe with Ground Turkey
Ground turkey is the versatile ingredient to make any recipe. You can try spaghetti to mix with ground turkey and create delicious cuisine. This recipe is simple and easy to make. Ingredients and seasonings are familiar and available at a store. You need ground turkey in 1 1/4 lbs or more based on your preference. You may buy more than 1 1/2 lbs for the extra meal with family. Other ingredients are uncooked spaghetti and sauce. Spaghetti is available in many brands and you just pick one of them. There is no specific reference to use the certain product in this recipe. Spaghetti sauce depends on preference for flavor and brand. Parmesan cheese is an optional ingredient. Additional seasonings are black pepper, salt, onion, garlic, etc.
- Firstly, cook ground turkey in a pan and add spaghetti sauce. Put aside for a moment. Secondly, boil water then put noodle into the bowl. Wait for few minutes then drain them.
- Prepare pan and put turkey and noodles then add more sauce. After that, add garlic, salt, pepper, onion, and any seasonings you want. While boiling noodles, you can add salt to improve flavor. Seasoning is also good to the first step but be careful not to overcook.
- After cooking for five to ten minutes, spaghetti ground turkey is ready to serve.
Casserole Recipes with Ground Turkey for Excellent Meal
You can make the casserole using beef and any meat. One of the good ingredients is ground turkey. Based on research, turkey has rich protein and essential nutrients to increase health. Moreover, turkey is healthier than beef and chicken. Casserole with ground turkey is an easy recipe to apply at home. Ingredients and seasonings depend on how much you want to cook. For big meal, you need turkey more than 1 pound. Other ingredients are cream cheese, white sugar, tomato sauce, sour cream, egg noodles, and cheddar cheese.
The cooking process consists of three steps.
- Firstly, prepare pan and vegetable or olive oil. Fry ground turkey until turns into brown color. Add sugar and tomato sauce. Mix and stir them until blended completely. You only cook for ten minutes in order to prevent overcooked texture on turkey.
- Secondly, prepare large bowl. Put cream cheese and sour cream. Mix them to make the paste. Then, put aside again for a third steep. You need to keep the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Boil water and cook noodles. Drain them and put into baking tray. Spread turkey on top of noodles then add cream mixture. Spread Cheddar cheese at top of baking tray.
- Thirdly, put baking tray into the oven and wait for thirty minutes. Cheddar cheese will be melted then bring the delicious aroma
Easy Recipe for Ground Turkey and Rice
You need a quick recipe to cook for breakfast. Ground turkey and rice recipe are recommended an option to try. This recipe uses rice and turkey as the main ingredients. You need to have rice, ground turkey, vegetable oil, chicken broth, celery, onion, green pepper, salt, and garlic.
- Firstly, put the ground turkey into a bowl and add salt. Mix them until all of the turkey parts are covered in salt. Put aside for a moment.
- Prepare skillet and add vegetable oil. Put turkey into the skillet and cook until it turns into brown color. You will see liquid as the result of frying, so drain it then add carrots and celery. Add rice on the top of turkey then pour chicken broth. Add green pepper and onion.
- Wait until this mixture is boiled. Secondly, you can reduce the heat and keep turkey for thirty minutes. Do not forget to stir to blend it completely. You need to focus on rice and make sure to be in properly cooked.
You have two options to remove liquid in the pan. First, keep the pan at medium temperature until the liquid is dissolved slowly. As a matter of fact, the liquid is integrated into turkey and rice. The second option is to remove it manually. If you do not want to overcook the turkey, the second method is preferable. Well, the turkey is ready for breakfast.