What is a green smoothie for weight loss ? When people talk about ‘green smoothies’ they don’t mean a smoothie with food colouring in it for St. Patrick’s day! Instead, they are talking about a mouth-watering smoothie full of leafy green vegetables. Not only are these smoothies delicious, they also help you lose fat too.
If you are trying to lose weight then making a green smoothie for weight loss every morning is a splendid idea.
So how do you make a green smoothie for weight loss ? You’ll be pleased to know that green smoothies are actually quite simple to make. Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Add one chopped banana into the blender
- Then add 1⁄4cup of yogurt
- Place a small handful of whole almonds into the blender
- Then add 2 1⁄2 tablespoons of coconut oil (this gives the smoothie a smooth consistency)
- Next add 2 3⁄4cups of baby spinach leaves
- Then place 1 tablespoon of honey into the blender
- And finally add 1 teaspoon of vanilla (alcohol free of course!)
After following the simple recipe above, you will have created your very own green smoothie.
Healthy Breakfast Smoothies For Weight Loss
There is nothing better than waking up every morning to a fresh, succulent smoothie. Having a healthy smoothie for breakfast not only tastes nice, but is actually good for you too. Take a look at the following healthy breakfast smoothies recipes and try making them. Each of the smoothies will give you the required nutrition and energy to lose weight and get your day off to a cracking start!
1) Banana Strawberry Smoothies
One of the more popular types of smoothies is the banana strawberry smoothie. This is because it is created with mans best fruits (see what I did there) – strawberry and bananas. Here is how you make a banana strawberry smoothie.
- Place 250g of strawberries into you blender.
- Add one chopped banana into the blender.
- Add 300ml of milk and 150ml of natural yoghurt.
- Then add 15ml of honey.
Quick. Simple. Easy. Thats a banana strawberry smoothie for you! Click here to read the full, more detailed article to learn how to make a banana strawberry smoothie.
2) Mango Smoothie
Did you know that mangos are the most popular fruit in the world? And there is a good reason for that fact – they are
delicious! And the mango smoothie is no exception…
The mango smoothie is one of my favourites. Here is how you make it.
- Dice enough frozen mango so that it fills up half a cup. Place this into your blender
- Add two thirds of a cup of semi-skimmed milk and add two thirds of a cup of soy milk.
- Next ad half a teaspoon of honey (this adds a sweet taste to the smoothie)
- Blend away until mixture is smooth – add more milk if needed.
Click here to read the more in-depth article on how to make a mango smoothie.
3) Protein Smoothie
If your looking for a smoothie that’s going to get your body ripped then look no further as I welcome you to the protein smoothie.
The protein smoothie is similar to your normal smoothie apart from it contains high levels of protein which is perfect for a post or pre-workout drink. Here is how you make it.
- Add 3⁄4cup of frozen or fresh berries (e.g blueberry, raspberry, blackberry, strawberry) into your blender.
- Then add 1⁄2cup of yogurt (preferably vanilla)
- Then add half a banana
- Next place 1⁄2cup cold fruit juice into the blender. You can use whatever type of juice you like but I prefer blueberry or grape juice.
- Next add 1 tablespoon of wheat germ
- Finally place 1 scoop of protein powder into the smoothie. I would personally go for vanilla tasting protein powder, but you can use anything.
Using the above recipe, you can say goodbye to sickly tasting protein shakes, and introduce yourself to much more tasty protein smoothies.
4) Pineapple Smoothie
Get 16 ounces of canned pineapple chunks and 4 ounces of pineapple-orange juice and place it into the blender The pineapple smoothie is an easy smoothie to make which is perfect for the kids. Here is how you create it.
- Next add 8 ounces of vanilla yogurt and 4 ounces of water
- Blend the mixture and pour into a cup with 4 ice cubes.
Click here for a more detailed tutorial on how to make a pineapple smoothie.
5) Peach Smoothie
- Add 2 cups of soymilk (no-fat, obviously) into the blender.
- Then chop up 2 bananas and place them into the blender.
- Next add 4 medium sized peaches which have been chopped and seed removed
- Finally add half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Mix like you’ve never mixed before.
Click here to view the full tutorial on how to make a peach smoothie.
6) Watermelon Yoghurt Smoothie
Add four cups of seedless watermelon chunks to the blender.This smoothie will go down a treat if your looking to impress someone. Here is how you make a watermelon yoghurt smoothie.Learn why watermelons are so good for you here.
- Then add two tablespoons of honey
- Add another two tablespoons of mint leaves
- Blend the above ingredients together
- Then add two cups of yoghurt (of your choice)
- Add 1⁄4tablespoon of cinnamon.
- Blend the mixture.
This is a slightly more obscure recipe meaning that it may take more than one attempt to get the watermelon smoothie just right. However, give it a go and enjoy the fruity goodness.
Click here for a more detailed tutorial on how to make a watermelon yoghurt smoothie.
Also, here is a really interesting page that explains all the health benefits of watermelons and the best watermelon smoothies.
Before You Make Your Smoothie
Before you begin to make your smoothie, there are some really important things that you need to consider.
1) Smoothie Recipes – Firstly you need to find the right recipe which will vary depending on your goals.
If your looking for just a nice refreshing smoothie then I recommend that you check out our delicious banana strawberry smoothie. If you would like to loose fat, then take a look at our ‘green’ smoothie recipes and if you want to build muscle then you need to visit our protein smoothie articles.
If none of the suggestions above comply with the type of smoothie you want to make, then click here to visit my complete list of smoothie recipes.
2) Smoothie Blender – You will find it hard to make a great smoothie without a great blender. I really think that if you want to make a fantastic smoothie then investing in a decent blender is a must.
I have compiled a list of the best blenders on the market (from the cheap to the expensive). Each of the blenders on the list give both maximum health benefits from each serving and are reliable meaning you can make blenders every day.
Visit my best smoothie blenders here.
No blender? Thats not a problem! If you are unable to invest in a smoothie blender, then follow this tutorial on how to make a smoothie without a blender.
The history behind how these smoothies appeared in our homes is actually quite fascinating. Therefore, if you would like to learn a little more about the history behind smoothies then I recommend that you read this article.