Gourmet Madeleine Cookies Recipe
gourmet cookie recipes nowadays can be found with different variations as well as innovations. Nevertheless, the classic recipe of French cookies will bring back memories for anyone who eats it. Simple and basic madeleine cookies recipe will be great option for gourmet option by choosing the specific madeleine pan with large size. With only 15 minutes of preparation time and 25 minutes of cooking time, you can serve the delicious and soft French cookies for any gourmet occasion and make every mouth satisfied with the classic cookies taste.
Before baking the gourmet madeleine cookies, there are several important ingredients which should be prepared. The ingredients include :
- two eggs with large size,
- 2/3 cup of sugar,
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract,
- ½ teaspoon of grated lemon peel,
- 1 pinch of salt,
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour,
- as well as 10 tablespoon of unsalted butter which is already melted and cooled slightly.
- Last but not least, powdered sugar should also be prepared for finishing touch.
It is very important to always preheat the oven before you can bake the cookies. As for this gourmet madeleine recipe, you have to :
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. You also need to prepare the pan for baling the madeleine cookies.
- You should prepare the pan for large madeleine which has size about 3 x 1 ¼ inches. You have to butter and also flour the pan generously to get the perfectly backed madeleine. Eggs and 2/3 cup of sugar should be beaten using an electric mixer in a bowl with large size.
- Beating should not be done too much because you only need to make it blended. Vanilla extract, salt, and lemon peel should be beaten in. Flour needs to be added and beaten until it is blended only. Cooled and melted butter should be added gradually by keeping the stream steady.
- Once again, the beating is just for making the mixture blended. A tablespoon of batter should be spooned into the pan. You can bake it until it is puffed and gets brown color for about 10-16 minutes. Before removing the cookies from the pan, you have to let it cool for about five minutes.
- The process should be repeated but you must not forget to butter and flour the pan before each batch. Last but not least, the madeleine cookies can be batched with powdered sugar. And this is the final touch for serving the delicious looking and tasting gourmet cookie recipes.