If cookies are what you like to eat, trying one of the gingerbread cookie recipes that people suggest is one of the things that you must consider. Of course, if such recipe is what you would like to try, it fair to say that you do not mind including gingerbread in the cookie you are going to make. If such recipe is what you plan on trying, here are some ingredients that you might need to prepare and things that you might need to do when trying the recipe.
Easy Gingerbread Cookie Recipes and One of Those Recipes to Try
A Gingerbread Cookie Recipe and the Ingredients to Prepare
If gingerbread cookies are what you plan to make and you want to try this recipe, you need to prepare some ingredients including :
- a cup of brown sugar,
- one and a half cups of dark molasses,
- 2/3 cup of cold water,
- and 1/3 cup of shortening.
- The ingredients that you need to prepare are also including two teaspoons of ground ginger, a teaspoon of ground allspice, a teaspoon of salt, seven cups of all-purpose flour, and two teaspoons of baking soda.
- The next ones to prepare is a teaspoon of ground cloves, 15 ounce of chocolate frosting, and a teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
Steps to Follow to Make Gingerbread Cookies
There are some steps that you need to follow if you want to make gingerbread cookies and the first one of them is
- Preheating your oven to 350° F or 175° C.
- After that, you can grease a cookie sheet lightly. The next thing to do is mixing together brown sugar, shortening, water, and molasses.
- After you mix together those ingredients, you can continue by sifting together baking soda, flour, allspice, salt, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger. Add them to your sugar mixture, mix them well, and cover them. After you cover them, you can refrigerate them for two hours.
- The next step to follow is rolling dough with a 1/4-inch thickness on a floured board and cut it using a floured gingerbread cutter. After that, place them about two inches apart on a cookie sheet and then bake them for ten to twelve minutes. After ten to twelve minutes, you can cool them and decorate them with frosting to make them look good.
- Following the aforesaid steps is what you need to do if you want to make gingerbread cookies and this recipe is definitely one of the gingerbread cookie recipes that you have to try if such cookies are what you want to make.