Like the title says, these Chocolate Lovers Cookies are for those who really get into their chocolate. The cookies from this recipe are very much like ones you would find at an upscale cookie store. They are drop cookies, with a rich and decadent taste.
You will be adding three different chocolates to these cookies. If this recipe had any more chocolate, it would be like baking chocolate bars. The Chocolate Lovers Cookies are done when you see the surface start to crack, like in the photo to the right.
If you want a crispier cookie then you will need to cook them for another 5 minutes.
Chocolate Lovers Cookies Recipe
- 6 squares (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 squares (2 ounces) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons salted butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of coarsely chopped pecans
- 6 ounces of semisweet chocolate chips
- If you are going to bake two sheets of cookies at a time, then arrange the racks in your oven to divide it into thirds. For baking with one sheet at a time, put one of the oven racks in the center of the oven.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease two baking sheets. (non-stick sprays work well)
- Place the first two chocolates that you chopped (semisweet and unsweetened), and butter in a medium-size saucepan. Set the pan over very low heat and stir constantly until the chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool off a bit.
- In a small bowl, with a whisk, combine the flour and baking powder until thoroughly mixed.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer at low speed, beat the eggs with the vanilla until frothy. Gradually add the sugar, beating at high speed until the mixture is a pale yellow and ribbons form when you lift the beaters. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Add the slightly cooled chocolate that you melted earlier into the batter and beat at medium speed until completely blended.
- With the beater on a medium-low speed, gradually add the flour mixture, beating just until blended.
- With a mixing spoon or rubber spatula, stir in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls onto the greased baking sheets. Place two inches apart. Flatten each mound with the back of the spoon a little bit.
- For a slightly chewy cookie, bake for 15 minutes until the tops crack. For a crispier cookie add 5 minutes to the baking time. If you are baking two sheets at a time, switch baking pans from top to bottom racks halfway through the cooking time. If you are baking with one sheet at a time then rotate the pan halfway through the cooking time. This will ensure that the cookies cook more evenly.
- After you have removed the baking sheets from the oven, transfer the cookies to some wire cooling racks to cool. Cool them completely before storing in a container.
- When storing these cookies, if there are any left, make sure to put some wax paper in between the layers of cookies.
See Also: Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
Return from Chocolate Lovers Cookies to Chocolate Cookies
Return to Drop Cookies
Return to Cookie Recipes