Cookie Recipes without Butter, Is it Possible?
It is possible to make a cookie without butter. Butter, as one of the main ingredients, can be replaced with a canola or olive oil. To make a cookie with oil as the butter substitute, a specific amount of ingredients are needed. In this case, we are going to make a low carb and gluten-free chocolate chip cookie with extra honey.
Ingredients In making this cookie :
- a 1 cup almond flour
- a half teaspoon of salt
- baking soda
- cocoa powder
- a half cup of sweetener and sugar free chocolate chips
- one egg, and a half cup honey
- and canola oil need to be prepared.
The steps of baking a low carb and gluten-free cookie without butter are the same as the regular cookie.
- First, the oven has to be preheated into 350°F. Then line one large cookie sheet or baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- After that, prepared the electric mixer, whisker, and medium clean glass bowl. When these baking tools are ready to be used, the cookie dough is ready to be made.
- The low carb and gluten-free cookie dough can be made by adding the almond flour, egg, and cocoa powder into the bowl. Mix those three ingredients with the mixer until it well mixed. While using the mixer, put the half teaspoon of salt and baking powder into the bowl little by little. Because we are trying to make a low carb and gluten-free cookie without using butter, try to avoid mixing a dairy ingredient such as milk with the ingredients.
- After the flour mixture is well combined with the salt and baking powder, put in the sweetener followed by the canola oil and honey. When the texture of the dough is firm enough, put in the half cup of sugar free chocolate chips, and it is ready to be baked.
TIPS : Before baking the cookie dough, it is first have to be roll into a tablespoon sized balls so it will have a good and tasty appearance when it is done. On the cookie sheet, place the cookie dough roll. Bake the cookie for about 15 minutes. When cooking it, pay attention to the edges of the cookie.
When it is golden brown, leave it cool in the pan for 3 minutes and then transfer it to the cooling rack and leave it for another 2 minutes. After 5 minutes, this low carb and gluten-free chocolate chip cookie is ready to be served. With this recipe, there will be no guilty feeling in eating a cookie, only the pleasure feeling remains.
you can also read : chocolate chip cookie recipes