Try my homemade Chicken Noodle Soup recipe:
Looking for a fabulous chicken noodle soup recipe? You’ve come to the right place!
Yummy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe:
How to Make my Chicken Noodle Soup recipe:
You will need:
- 4 cups of low-sodium chicken stock (with no added chemical preservatives, disguised as “spices” or “natural flavors”)
- 2 1/2 cups plain cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tbsp diced fennel (only use the bulb, not the leaves)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bay leaves, whole (to add flavor, not to eat)
- 2 cups whole grain elbow pasta made from brown rice*
You know the white pasta that everybody buys at the grocery store? It’s time to say bye-bye to that junk – it’s called “durum semolina” and it’s the Wonder bread of the pasta world. Toss it. Asta la vista!
Say hello to brown rice pasta (the only ingredients are brown rice, rice bran and water). The kind I use is called Pasta Joy Ready by a company named Tinkyada. Visit their website to check out their extensive list of delicious gluten-free whole grain pastas!
It’s got a five-star rating on Amazon.com, and hey, because it’s the internet age, you can of course buy it online if grocery stores near you don’t sell it. And if that’s the case, then tell your local grocer to start stocking some!
Brown rice pasta is where it’s at! Most health food stores carry it nowadays, and where I live, in Boston, the mainstream grocery chains carry it, as well. It’s so delicious you won’t believe it’s health food!
Directions for Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe:
- Add the oil to the bottom of a medium to large stovetop cooking pot and warm to medium heat.
- Gently sautee onions, carrot, celery and fennel until soft.
- Add chicken stock, bay leaves and chicken to the pot, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a separate pot, add 4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- When water is boiling, add 2 cups of whole grain pasta and 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Stir every few minutes. Usually takes about 10 – 12 minutes to cook. Follow package instructions. Check periodically after 8 minutes to make sure it doesn’t become mushy.
- When the pasta is ready, strain and then divide it between 2 medium-sized bowls. Ladle chicken soup over it and stir.
It’s ready to eat! Serves 2 people.
Like my chicken noodle soup recipe, all of my easy healthy recipes are made in my kitchen using fresh, nourishing, unprocessed ingredients.
Like my Tomato & Creamy Avocado Salad:
And my Pineapple Strawberry Smoothie:
If you like homemade chicken noodle soup recipes, you’ll LOVE these other mouth-watering recipes, including soups, salads, lunch ideas andsmoothies. All 100% healthy and guilt-free!
To see more of my easy healthy recipes, click on the pictures below to access my collection of salads, snacks, smoothies, and quick lunch ideas: all 100% healthy and super tasty!
Healthy Salad Recipes
Healthy and simple dessert recipes:
Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipes:
What do you think?
I welcome your thoughts and insights. Please leave a comment at the bottom of this page. If you like what what you’re reading, recommend it to others on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
You’re currently visiting Aspenspecialtyfoods.com read my story of how I found pristine health following a healthy eating lifestyle!