Chicken has always been considered healthier than red meats such as pork and beef. You will find that most of the healthy recipes will have skinless chicken breasts as one of the primary ingredients as they are rich in protein with only a tiny amount of fat.
There are many ways you can cook the chicken breasts. Avoid boiling or poaching though as they are quite dry and you don’t want to cook out what little flavour still left in them. If you are really health conscious, steaming would be perfect as no fats or oils are used in the process of cooking.
If you want to enjoy delicious and moist chicken meat, grilling would be an ideal. Grilling the chicken with the skin still on will help reduce the loss of moisture, and retain most of the flavour. Just make sure that you remove the skin after cooking them to enjoy the health benefits of skinless chicken.
Marinating your chicken before cooking can help improve the taste as well as mitigating the carcinogenic effects of grilling. The whole idea of marination is to impregnate spices and flavours into the flesh of the chicken breasts. Make sure you marinate the chicken at least half an hour before grilling.
When choosing chicken breasts, make sure you get the higher quality ones. Cheap chicken tends to shrink a lot when you cook them because of water injected into them to make them weigh heavier. If you are using frozen chicken, make sure that they are thawed completely. Soak them in the water for a few hours first to completely defrost them as partially thawed meat will cook unevenly.
Healthy Chicken Breast Recipe With Few Ingredients
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon tarragon
- 6 tablespoons white wine Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon New Orleans style seasoning (poultry)
- To make the marinade, in a bowl, add in the soy sauce, water, garlic powder, cornstarch, lemon juice, honey, baking powder, tarragon, white wine Worcestershire sauce and New Orleans style seasoning. Combine and mix well.
- In a large bowl, add in the chicken breasts and pour in the marinade. Mix well and marinate it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Do not throw away the marinade as you will be needing it later.
- Preheat the grill and place the chicken breasts on it with the bone side down. Baste the chicken with marinade occasionally for extra flavour.
- Turn the chicken breasts and brown the other side when the inside is well browned. Be sure to baste the chicken again with the marinade for maximum flavour.
- Place the chicken breasts on a clean plate and remove the skin (healthier). Serve and enjoy!
Supreme Chicken Breast Recipe
- Six chicken breasts , skinned and boned
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cup sour cream
- 4 teaspoons seasoning salt
- some salt
- some pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cup stuffing crumbs, blended and crushed
- First, make the marinade. In a bowl, add the Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, seasoning salt, sour cream, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Combine and mix well.
- In a large bowl, add in the chicken breasts and pour the marinade all over them. Mix well. Cover the bowl and let it marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Remove the chicken breasts from the bowl and roll in the crumbs.
- Preheat a small skillet and melt the butter and margarine.
- In a baking pan, roll the chicken breasts and arrange them. Spread half the melted butter and margarine over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes and spread the remaining melted butter and margarine over the chicken again. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Healty Orange Sauce Chicken Breast Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts halves, skinned and boned
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat the skillet and add in the vegetable oil. Saute both side of the chicken breasts.
- In a saucepan, add in the cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, orange juice, margarine and vinegar. Stir well and cook it over medium heat until the sauce becomes thick.
- Serve the chicken over cooked brown rice and ladle the orange sauce over the chicken. Enjoy!
Easy Honey Chicken Breast Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- First, cut the chicken breasts into pieces.
- To make the marinade, in a large bowl, add in the white wine, garlic powder and soy sauce. Combine and mix well.
- Add in the chicken pieces and stir well so that every pieces are coated properly. Store it in the refrigerator and let it marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Drain the chicken pieces but be sure to reserve the marinade. Add the honey into the reserved marinade.
- In a dish, add in the flour, salt and pepper. Mix well then dredge the chicken pieces in the flour.
- Preheat the frying pan and add in the vegetable oil. When the oil turns hot, slowly add in the chicken pieces brown both sides.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken pieces then cover the pan. Let it simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken pieces are tender enough.
- Serve over cooked rice or buttered noodles. Enjoy!
Fast Wine Chicken Breast Recipe
- 8 chicken breasts
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- some paprika
- some fresh parsley, chopped
- some vegetable oil
- In a bowl, add in the chicken breasts and season them with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the skillet and add in the vegetable oil. Saute the chicken breasts on both sides.
- Arrange the chicken breasts on a baking dish and sprinkle some paprika over them.
- In a bowl, add in the mushroom soup and white wine. Mix well and pour them over the chicken breasts and add in the mushrooms.
- Preheat the oven at 350°F (176°C). Cover the baking dish and bake it for 50 minutes.
- Remove the cover and add in the almonds then bake it for another 10 more minutes.
- Before serving, garnish the top with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
100 % Healthy Chicken Crock Pot Recipes
And Also Read : Toaster Oven Chicken Recipes