Brown rice recipes: Try my Wild Mushroom Brown Rice!
Brown rice recipes are an excellent place to start if you’re wanting to eat healthier. My Wild Mushroom Brown Rice is simple to prepare and full of flavor:
White rice, like white bread and white pasta, are highly refined versions of their healthier whole grain brothers and sisters. Eating them jacks up your blood sugar. When it eventually comes crashing back down, you’ll feel sleepy, bloated and have cravings like nobody’s business. Train your new healthy-eater eyes to see white rice for what it is: junk food.
Brown rice recipes: Wild Mushroom:
Looking for tasty brown rice recipes? Try my Sesame Ginger Brown Rice:
Or This Delicious Dirty Rice Recipe With Ground Beef
I create all of my healthy recipes using REAL FOODS: whole, fresh, unprocessed, delicious.
Eating healthy means rewarding your body with the highest quality foods, packed with vitamins, nutrients and flavor!
Like my Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Chicken:
Did you know that they now make an incredibly delicious whole grain pasta from brown rice? It’s true!
Click here to try my Whole Grain Pasta with Homemade Chunky Marinara:
How to cook brown rice:
Do you know how to cook brown rice? It’s not hard at all! It just takes more time than conventional refined white rice.
- Bring 2 1/2 to 3 cups of water to a boil.
- Stir in 1 cup of rice. Reduce to medium heat and continue cooking for 30 to 40 minutes. Check at the 30 minute mark to see if the rice is close to being done. Taste it – you want a nice firm texture without it being hard.
- Remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serves 2 people.
Brown rice recipes: Wild Mushroom Brown Rice:
You will need:
- 1 medium stovetop cooking pot
- 1 cup brown rice
- 3/4 cup shitake, crimini or oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups mushroom or vegetable stock (with no added chemical preservatives, disguised using the terms “spices” or “natural flavors”)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Add oil to bottom of pot and warm to medium heat.
- Gently sautee mushrooms and garlic until soft.
- Add rice, soy sauce and water to pot and continue cooking on medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes (with lid on). Check after 30 minutes to see if rice is close to being done.
- Remove from heat when done.
Ready to eat! Serves 2 people.
You can serve this brown rice recipe with a fresh green salad and a piece of fish. Here I serve it under a lovely piece of pan-seared seasonal bluefish:
If you like my brown rice recipe, then you’ll love my other healthy recipes!
Do you have a powerful blender?
If you want to easy to make dessert recipes and other delicioushealthy recipes like my fruit smoothies, salad dressings and sauces a part of your everyday diet, then you’re going to want to invest in a REAL BLENDER!!!
I cannot more highly recommend the Vita-mix blender. It’s an investment of money, but I can honestly say it’s worth every penny. Finally giving up those cheap blenders and getting a Vita-mix professional blender was, for me, like getting out of a twenty year old pickup truck and sliding behind the wheel of a BMW! One of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
If you’re ready to start dazzling your taste buds this very minute with the rest of my healthy dessert recipes, click on any picture below: all 100% guilt-free and 100% delicious!
And be sure to check out my collection of super simple (and super healthy!) fruit smoothies at the bottom of the page.
Healthy and simple dessert recipes:
Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipes:
What do you think?
I welcome your thoughts and insights. Please leave a comment at the bottom of this page. If you like what what you’re reading, recommend it to others on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
You’re currently visiting Aspenspecialtyfoods.com read my story of how I found pristine health following a healthy eating lifestyle!