Brown rice recipe: Try my Sesame Ginger Rice!
A delicious brown rice recipe is something every home cook can make. You just need to have the right combination of herbs and spices to give it that WOW! factor. I recommend my Sesame Ginger Rice:
I discovered toasted sesame oil when I was in college and often strapped for cash. Its scent is downright intoxicating. It combines beautifully with fresh ginger and garlic into a delightful healthy dish.
Delicious and healthy Sesame Ginger Rice:
If you’re looking for tasty brown rice recipes, don’t miss my Wild Mushroom Brown Rice:
Or This Delicious Dirty Rice Recipe Ground Beef
How to cook brown rice:
Do you know how to cook brown rice? It’s not hard at all! It just takes more time than conventional refined white rice.
- Bring 2 1/2 to 3 cups of water to a boil.
- Stir in 1 cup of rice. Reduce to medium heat and continue cooking for 30 to 40 minutes. Check at the 30 minute mark to see if the rice is close to being done. Taste it – you want a nice firm texture without it being hard.
- Remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serves 2 people.
Brown rice recipe: Sesame Ginger Rice:
You will need:
- 1 medium stovetop cooking pot with lid
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups water
- 4 – 5 stalks of green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Add toasted sesame oil to bottom of pot and warm to medium heat, then reduce to low.
- Gently sautee garlic & ginger on low heat to prevent burning
- Add sesame seeds and stir.
- Add rice, soy sauce and water to pot and continue cooking on medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes (with lid on). Check after 30 minutes to see if rice is close to being done.
- Remove from heat when done.
- Add finely chopped scallions and mix into the recipe.
Ready to eat!
TIP: Serve this alongside a fresh piece of fish, some simply prepared shrimp, plain sauteed tofu, or with beans (I recommend lentils or garbanzo beans).
If you like my brown rice recipe, then you’ll love my other easy dinner recipes!
Do you have a powerful blender?
If you want to easy to make dessert recipes and other delicioushealthy recipes like my fruit smoothies, salad dressings and sauces a part of your everyday diet, then you’re going to want to invest in a REAL BLENDER!!!
I cannot more highly recommend the Vita-mix blender. It’s an investment of money, but I can honestly say it’s worth every penny. Finally giving up those cheap blenders and getting a Vita-mix professional blender was, for me, like getting out of a twenty year old pickup truck and sliding behind the wheel of a BMW! One of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
If you’re ready to start dazzling your taste buds this very minute with the rest of my healthy dessert recipes, click on any picture below: all 100% guilt-free and 100% delicious!
And be sure to check out my collection of super simple (and super healthy!) fruit smoothies at the bottom of the page.
Healthy and simple dessert recipes:
Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipes:
What do you think?
I welcome your thoughts and insights. Please leave a comment at the bottom of this page. If you like what what you’re reading, recommend it to others on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
You’re currently visiting Aspenspecialtyfoods.com read my story of how I found pristine health following a healthy eating lifestyle!