Beef Tenderloin Recipes
Beef tenderloin recipes are very common, but there are still ways you can make this dish extra special. Here are some unique recipes that can add new flavors to this old time favorite.
Beef with Mirin
- Kosher salt
- 4 (8 ounces) tenderloin filets
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic chives
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons sake
- Preheat the oven at 400 F / 200 C. Flavor the fillets with pepper and salt. Heat oil in a skillet until it starts to smoke. Sear the meat until it becomes golden brown.
- Put the steaks in the oven. Cook for ten minutes. When finished, make sure the steaks are kept warm. Melt 3 tbsp of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic and stir for 2 ½ minutes or until they become transparent.
- Toss in the shiitake mushrooms and half a tsp of salt. Cook for 4 minutes. Sprinkle in some mirin and sake. Add half a cup of butter. Lower the heat to medium when the butter has melted.
- Keep cooking until the butter turns golden brown. That should take about 6 to 8 minutes. Add some pepper and salt. Now you can stir in the chives. When the beef tenderloin is ready to be served, pour the sauce over it.
Tenderloin with Cranberry Juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 (2 lb) center-cut beef tenderloin
- 1/3 cup shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 cup Ocean Spray 100% Juice Cranberry Juice Blend
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup red wine
- Preheat the oven up to 425 F. Apply cooking spray on a baking sheet. Heat the oil in a skillet at medium high levels. Toss in the beef and cook for six minutes or until the meat turns brown. Set the meat on the baking sheet. Flavor the beef with pepper and salt.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the meat thermometer registers 135 F (medium rare). Let it stand for 10 minutes. Chop the meat and set on a platter. Put a tbsp of butter on the skillet.
- Melt at medium heat. Throw in the shallots and cook for a minute. Toss in the garlic and cook for 20 seconds. Pour in the wine and set to high heat. Pour in the cranberry juice, thyme and beef broth.
- Boil it for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the sauce becomes thick. Now set the heat to medium. Add a couple of tbsp of butter and strain. Put this on the beef.
The ingredients for these beef tenderloin recipes can be changed. For example, you can replace the cranberry sauce with something spicier if that is what you prefer.
You can also keep salt and pepper to a minimum. It may take a bit of time, but you will eventually get the flavors just right to your liking.
Beef Tenderloin With Roasted Shallots
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 1 hour 30 minutes
Ready in – 1 hour 45 minutes
Servings – 6
- Shallots, halved lengthwise and peeled- ¾ pound
- Olive oil – 1 1/2 tablespoons
- For taste- salt and pepper
- Beef broth – 3 cups
- Port wine – 3/4 cup
- Tomato paste- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Beef tenderloin roast, trimmed – 2 pounds
- Dried thyme – 1 teaspoon
- Bacon – 3 slices (diced)
- Butter – 3 tablespoons
- All-purpose flour – 1 tablespoon
- Watercress – 4 sprigs( for garnish)
- The oven should be preheated to 37 degrees Fahrenheit(190 degrees Celsius). The shallots should be tossed, coated with oil in an 9 inch pie pan. The shallots have to be then roasted till they are deep brown and very tender. Stirring should be done occasionally, for about 30 minutes.
- The next step is to combine the beef broth and port in a large saucepan and brought to a boiling point. The mixture should be cooked over a high flame until the volume of the mixture has reduced to about a half for about 30 minutes. Whisk it in the tomato paste and set it aside.
- The beef should then be patted dry and then sprinkle some thyme, salt and pepper over it. After this, the bacon is sauté , set over a medium heat of the flame in a big roasting pan on the stove top till it becomes golden brown. The bacon is then transferred onto paper towels with a slotted spoon. Following this, the beef is added to the pan and cooked for about 7 minutes on a medium flame until it becomes brown on all the sides.
- The next step is to place the pan in a oven to roast the beef. A thermometer is inserted into the centre of the beef to check the temperature. It should be about 125 degrees Fahrenheit (50 degrees Celsius) for medium rare, for 25 minutes. After the beef has been roasted, it is then transferred onto a platter and wrapped loosely in a foil sheet.
- The fat should be spooned off the pan dripping in the roasting pan. The pan is then placed on a stove set on a high flame. The broth mixture should be added to the pan and brought to a boiling point. Remember to stir it continuously so that any brown bits are scraped off. The contents are then shifted to another but medium saucepan, and brought to a simmer.
- 1 ½ tablespoon butter and flour should be mixed in a small bowl to form a smooth paste, which is then whisked into the broth mixture and simmered on a flame until the sauce thickens. Whisk in the remaining butter and stirring in the roasted shallots and reserved bacon should be followed. Add salt and pepper for seasoning.
- In the end, the beef is cut into ½ inch thick slices and presented in a platter. Spoon some sauce over it all and garnish it with watercress.
Beef Tenderloin With Easy Cranberry Balsamic Sauce
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 50 minutes
Ready in – 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings – 8
- Whole beef tenderloin roast – 1(4 pounds)
- Chopped fresh thyme- 2 tablespoons
- Pepper – 1 tablespoon
- Balsamic vinegar – 1/3 cup
- Finely chopped shallots- 3 tablespoons
- Whole berry cranberry sauce – 1 can(16 ounce)
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- A oven should be heated to a temperature of 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Keeping 1 teaspoon of the seasoning mixture aside for the sauce, the rest of the thyme and pepper should be combined together. The rest of the seasoning mixture should be pressed on all the surfaces of the beef roast evenly.
- The next step is to place the roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. A ovenproof meat thermometer should be inserted in the thickest part of the beef in the pan. The pan should not be covered and no water should be added to it. Roast at 425 degrees Fahrenheit in the oven for about 50 to 60 minutes for a medium rare beef and 60 to 70 minutes for medium doneness.
- The roast should be taken out once the thermometer registers the temperature of about 135 degrees Fahrenheit for medium rare or 150 degrees Fahrenheit for medium.
- The roast is then placed on a carving board and wrapped in an aluminum foil loosely. It should be left to stand for about 15 to 20 minutes.(the temperature will continue to rise about 10 degrees Fahrenheit to reach 145 degrees Fahrenheit for a medium rare and 160 degrees Fahrenheit for medium)
- During this time you must start preparing the sauce. Take a small saucepan and mix some shallots and vinegar in it. The flame should be reduced and allowed to simmer for about 3 minutes. Stir in the cranberry sauce and bring it to a boiling point. The flame should be further reduced and allow the sauce to simmer for another 6 minutes to blend the flavors. Stirring should be done occasionally. Switch off the flame and mix in the reserved seasonings and some salt.
- The final step is to place the roast on a platter and carve it into slices. It should be served along with the sauce.
This recipe provides a rich source of proteins , niacin, vitamin b6, vitaminb12, iron, selenium and zinc, thus making a ‘healthy’ dish.
Tenderloin, Cranberry and Pear Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
Preparation time – 16 minutes
Cooking time – 9 minutes
Ready in – 25 minutes
Servings – 4
- Beef tenderloin steaks cut into 3/4 inch thick- 4(4ounce)
- Coarse grind black pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Package mixed baby salad greens – 1(5ounce)
- 1 medium red or green pear, cored, cut into wedges
- Dried cranberries- ¼ cup
- Coarsely chopped pecans, toasted – ¼ cup
- Crumbled goat cheese (optional) – ¼ cup
- Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 1/2 cup prepared honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- The first step is to season the beef steaks with ½ a teaspoon of pepper. The large non stick skillet should be heated over medium flame until it becomes hot. The steaks should then be placed into the skillet, cook them for about 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare at 145 degrees Fahrenheit to medium at 160 degrees F doneness, turning it occasionally.
- While the steaks are being cooked whisk the Honey Dressing ingredients into a small bowl and blend then well. Set the mixture aside. This is followed by dividing the greens evenly in 4 plates. Over them place the pear wedges evenly on the top along with the dried cranberries.
- The final step is to carve out the steaks after they have been cooked into thin slices and season them with salt as per the requirement. The steaks should be divided evenly over the salads onto the 4 plates. Each of the salads should be topped evenly with the dressing. Pecans and goat cheese if desired.
This recipe provides a rich source of proteins , niacin, vitamin b6, vitaminb12, fiber, iron, selenium and zinc, thus making a ‘healthy’ dish.
Beef Tenderloin in a Port Shiitake Reduction
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Cooking time – 1 hour
Ready in – 1 hour 20 minutes
Servings – 4
- Beef tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes- 1 ½ pounds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil, divided – 2 tablespoons
- Shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced – 2 cups
- Port wine – 2 cups
- Seedless raspberry jam – 1 teaspoon
- Worcestershire sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Beef broth – 1 cup
- The first step for cooking this amazing dish is to take the tenderloin cubes and season them with salt and pepper for the taste. They should be placed aside at a room temperature as you continue preparing your dish.
- The next step is to heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over a medium or high flame/heat. This is followed by stirring and cooking the shiitake mushrooms until they have started wilting and begin to turn golden brown in about 5 minutes. The mushrooms should be removed from the skillet and set aside. The remaining olive oil is again added to the skillet and heated till it begins to smoke. Sprinkle in the cubed beef tenderloin. Cook them until they become brown on the outside and the meat is cooked just under the desired degree of doneness, for about 5 minutes for a medium rare steak. The steak should then be removed from the skillet and set aside.
- Last but not the least, pour the port wine into the skillet and bring it to boiling over a high flame. Boil the port until it reduces by half. This is followed by whisking in the raspberry jam, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth and the shiitake mushrooms. Continue to cook until the sauce mixture gets reduced in its volume to about ½ a cup in about 30 minutes. Once reduced, the tenderloin cubes should be stirred and reheated in the sauce mixture and served.
Beef Tenderloin Ginger-Shiitake Brown Butter
Preparation time – 30 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Ready in – 50 minutes
Servings – 4
- Filet mignon steaks -4or 8 ounces.
- Kosher salt along with fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Unsalted butter – 3 tablespoons
- Finely minced fresh ginger – 2 tablespoons
- Finely minced garlic – 1 tablespoon
- Thinly sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms – ½ cup
- Kosher salt – 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Sake – 3 tablespoons.
- Mirin (Japanese sweet wine)- 2 tablespoons
- Unsalted butter – ½ cup
- Garlic chives,finely chopped – 1 tablespoon
- The first step is to heat the oven at 400 degrees F or at 200 degrees C.
- Next, the fillets should be seasoned with salt and pepper for taste. Take a heavy, oven proof skillet and heat olive oil in it over medium-high heat until it begins to smoke. The steaks should be then seared on both the sides for at least 3 mins for every side. Then, transfer the steaks to the already heated oven and cook then for about 10 mins, or to the required doneness. After the steaks have been cooked, they should be set aside in a warm place and the sauce should be prepared following that.
- Take a small saucepan and melt 3 tablespoons of butter in it on a medium heat. The garlic and ginger should be cooked gently until they give off a translucency and fragrance for about 11/2 to 2 mins. Next, add the shiitake mushroom and ½ teaspoon salt and cook for about 3 to 4 mins until it becomes softened. Pour some sake and mirin to be reduced by half.
- Then, stir in the remaining ½ cup of butter and once melted, reduce the heat to medium low and continue cooking till the butter turns a dark golden brown coloring about 6 to 8 mins. Seasoning with salt and pepper should be done followed by stirring in some chives. Finally serve the sauce with the steaks.
Easy Beef Wellington
Preparation time – 45 minutes
Cooking time – 40 minutes
Ready in – 1 hour 25 minutes
Servings – 12
- Beef tenderloin – 1 or 4 pounds
- MADEIRA SAUCE:
- Condensed beef consomme, undiluted – 2(10.5 ounce) cans
- Tomato paste – 2 tablespoons
- Beef bouillon granules ½ teaspoon
- Butter, softened – 2 tablespoon
- All-purpose flour – 2 tablespoons
- Madeira wine – ½ cup
- Chopped fresh mushrooms – 2 cups
- Shallots, chopped – 4
- sliced deli ham, chopped – ¼ pound
- Minced fresh parsley – ¼ cup
- Package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed – 1(17.3 ounce)
- Milk – 2 tablespoons
- The first step is to place the tenderloin in a greased 15 inch x 10 minch baking pan. It should be folded until the ends of the meat. The tenderloin should be baked uncovered at 475 degrees F for 20-25 mins or until it gets browned. Following this, cover it up and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until it gets chilled.
- Next step is to prepare the sauce. Take a large saucepan and combine in it he consommé, tomato paste and the bouillon granules. Bring it to boiling. Following this, reduce the flame to a simmer for about 20 mins or till it gets reduced to 2 cups. Next, combine the butter and the flour. Stir the mixture into the sauce, 1 teaspoon at a time. Bring it to boiling, followed by cooking and stirring for 2 minutes or until it becomes thickened. Remove the saucepan from over the flame and stir in some wine and set it aside.
- The 3rd step is to prepare the filling. Take a skillet and combine mushrooms, shallot, ham and 2 tablespoons of the Madeira sauce. Cook the mixture over a low heat for about 10 minutes or longer until the entire liquid content gets evaporated, stirring it occasionally. Set it aside after that.
- Next, unfold thin puff pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Cut them length wise along the fold line, forming 2 rectangles. The smaller rectangle should be of the dimensions-6 inchesx3 inches. The remaining piece can be used for decoration purposes if desired. Next, a 6 inch edge of the larger rectangle should be moistened with water. The smaller rectangle should be attached to this edge, pressing it lightly to seal it. Then transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
- At least half of the filling should be spread down he centre of a pastry. The tenderloin should be placed on the filling. The remaining filling should be then placed over the meat. The remaining puff pastry sheets should be rolled out into rectangles – 8 inches wide and 5 inches longer than the tenderloin. Which should be placed over the meat. Following this the pastry edges should be brushed with milk and folded under the meat.
- Baking should be done uncovered, at 425 degrees F for about 40 minutes(meat will be medium. It can be covered with foil if required. Transfer it to a serving platter and let it stand for about 15 minutes before slicing. Rewarming of the Madeira sauce can be done if required and serve it along with the tenderloin.
Herbed and Spiced Roasted Beef Tenderloin
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Cooking time – 35 minutes
Ready in – 6 hours 55 minutes
Servings – 8
- Fresh rosemary – 2 tablespoons
- Fresh thyme leaves – 2 tablespoons
- bay leaves – 2
- Cloves garlic – 4
- Large shallot, peeled and quartered – 1
- Grated orange zest – 1 tablespoon
- Coarse salt – 1tablespoon
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Ground nutmeg – ½ teaspoon
- Ground cloves – ¼ teaspoon
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Beef tenderloin roasts, trimmed – 2(2 pound)
- Take a food processor and combine in it rosemary, thyme , bay leaves, garlic , shallot , orange zest, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cloves. Run the machine while adding oil and process it until it becomes smooth. The prepared mixture should be then evenly spread over all the sides of the tenderloin. The beef should then be placed in a large baking dish. Cover it with a foil and refrigerate it for at least 6 hours.
- A oven should be preheated to a temperature of 400 degrees F(200 degrees C). the tenderloin should be then placed on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- The beef should be roasted in a preheated oven until the meat thermometer registers 140 degrees when inserted into the centre of the beef for about 35 mins. Remove the beef from the oven and cover it loosely with a foil. Let it stand for 10 minutes and the slice it. The beef is ready to be served.
Grilled Beef Tenderloin Along with Herb-Garlic-Pepper Coating
Preparation time – 30 minutes
Cooking time – 55 minutes
Ready in – 1 hour 25 minutes
Servings – 13
- Whole beef tenderloin – 1(5 pound)
- Olive oil – 6 tablespoons
- Minced, garlic cloves – 8
- Fresh rosemary,minced – 2 tablespoons
- Dried thyme leaves – 1 tablespoon
- Coarsely ground black pepper – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – 1 tablespoon
- The first step is to prepare the beef. Take a sharp edged knife and trim off the excess fat. Fold the thin tip under the beef to approximate the thickness of the rest of the roast. Next, tie it with a butcher’s twine, and then tie the roast with the twine for every 11/1 to 2 inches to help maintain the shape of the roast. Take a scissors and snip the silverskin to prevent the roast from bowing during the cooking. Following this, mix oil, rosemary , garlic, thyme , pepper and salt. Take the mixture and rub it over the roast to cover it. Place the meat aside when it’s ready.
- Next, turn all the gas burners on high for about 10 minutes or build a charcoal fire in half the grill. Then, lubricate the grate with a oil soaked rag held with a tong. The beef should be placed on the hot rack and the lid should then be closed. Grilling should be done until it becomes well seared for about 5 minutes. Turn the meat and again close the lid. Grilling should be done again well seared on the other side for another 5 mins.
- The meat should be then moved to the cooler side of the grill or turn off the burner present directly below the meat, and also turn off remaining 1 or 2 burners(depending on the grill style) to medium. Cooking should be done until the meat thermometer which has been inserted into the thickest portion of the meat registers a temp of 130 degrees F for rosy pink, 45 to 60 mins, depending on the size of the tenderloin as well as that of the grill. Let the meat rest before carving it for at least 15 mins. The dish is ready to be served.