3 Layers Banana Pudding Cake From Scratch Recipe
Having a nice delicious desert is something that none can ignore including the creamy banana pudding cake. Can’t wait to make yours? Do this banana pudding cake from scratch recipe at your home.
You May ALso Read : Homemade Banana Pudding
Ingredients for butter cake are :
- 1 ½ cup cake flour
- 1 ½ all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk/buttermilk
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cup softened butter
- ¼ baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- and 2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
How to make it :
- Preheat oven at 350° and prepare butter cake pans.
- Mix all-purpose flour, cake flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside. Beat granulated sugar, butter, almond extract and vanilla for 3-4 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time and continue beating. Mix dry ingredients with buttermilk and beat until incorporated and then increase the mixer’s speed to continue beating for 2 minutes.
- Next, mix all ingredients and stir it slowly until well combined. Put the batter into separate pans (3 round pans) and bake for 25 minutes
Moreover, ingredients for banana pudding cake are :
- Butter cake,
- 3.4 oz vanilla instant pudding mix,
- 16.25 oz golden butter cake mix,
- 3 cup cold half and half,
- 2.6 oz dry whipped cream,
- 2 large bananas (diced),
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese,
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract,
- 16 oz frozen whipped topping (thawed for frosting),
- whole vanilla wafers
- and ½ cup crushed vanilla wafers (for garnish).
Now, we step on the banana pudding cake baking instructions.
- First, prepare the cakes. For filling, whisk together whipped topping and 1 ¼ cup of cold half and half for 3 minutes until firm peak is formed.
- Second, add the instant pudding to the rest cold half and half with vanilla extract and whip them for 3 minutes until thickened.
- Third, add whipped cream cheese and continue whipping for 2 minutes until fluffy and light. Cover the bottom layer of cake with half of the filling. Next, top it with bananas. Top it with the next layer of cake and repeat until the last cake layer.
- Fourth, frost it with the whipped topping. Use the wafers to garnish the cake and chill for 4 hours before serving