Banana Healthy Cookie Recipes
How do you make delicious and sweet cookies into healthy treats? Add some fruits and oats, take out the sugar and say no to butter. This is exactly what this simple, easy and wholesome recipe is about. It’s also dairy-free and if you want to go all the way, you can make it gluten-free too. On top of the superfood oats, potassium-rich bananas and pitted dates were infused into the recipe making these banana cookies a healthier option. The recipe will yield 24 cookies and perfect for breakfast or snacks.
Banana Healthy Cookie Recipes Ingredients
- 2 cups rolled oats, quick cooking or old-fashioned
- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 3 bananas, very ripe
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cookie baking sheets by lining it with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mash ripe bananas in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients (oats, cinnamon, vanilla, pitted dates and oil) and mix until well incorporated. Allow it to sit for about 15 minutes.
- Scoop about a teaspoonful of the dough, round them or shape to however you want. The cookies will not spread when baking so shaping should be done at this point.
- Let the cookies bake for 20 minutes or until the exterior is golden brown in color.
- Allow it to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet and transfer to a wire rack for complete cooling.
- The cookies are best to serve after baking but you may store it in an airtight container for later.
See also cookie recipes without eggs